Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin

So in 17 days I will officially be in my mid-twenties. Gone are the days of college, the sleeping till 2pm, the drinking at 2:30pm; gone are the days of my early twenties, being broke and nomadic, moving from city-to-city; now all I have to look forward to are the new gray hairs I spot every now and then. Thanks grandma, for passing on your "gray at 30" genes!

Tomorrow begins my "attempt to diet and look good" extravaganza, which will have to begin with losing the 10 or so pounds I put on over the course of today. Handful of Cadbury Cream Eggs? Check. Pepperoni pizza for lunch? Check. Pizza for dinner? Check. Half a freaking loaf of bread before the pizza? Check. Four drinks at dinner? Check. I think my waistline's expanding as I type that out.

I'd like to pretend that I'll have an apple for breakfast, nibble at a salad for lunch, and eat a small portion of protein and veggies for dinner, but then I have those Cadbury eggs in my desk drawer, and someone will suggest Panera sandwiches for lunch, and then my mom will cook me a massive dinner and ply me with wine, and by the time I turn 24 I'll be 400 pounds and I'll need to be rolled around on a forklift. Ah, ambition. 

Oh, and if you were wondering: Endo Diet? Total failure. Back to bread and caffeine for me!

2 comments:

Me said...

Make sure there is peanut butter on that bread and milk with that caffiene.

Chelsea said...

In copious amounts! All part of a productive diet, really.