Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brilliant Quote

"If 7 million men suffered unbearable pain with sex and exercise and were offered pregnancy, castration or hormones as treatment, Endo[metriosis] would be a national emergency to which we would transfer the defense budget to find a cure." - Nancy Petersen, RN, ERC Advisor

In related news, the past two days I've felt a bit better, even with my period returning for something like the 8th consecutive week. (Guys who read this blog, aren't you just so excited to hear me go into lovely detail like that?) I was even able to attempt a few sit ups without feeling the urge to carve all of my reproductive organs out. I'm not getting optimistic with the diet yet, as it's only been, I believe, 16 days, but it's nice to feel a bit of hope.

We're planning wheat/soy/dairy-free meals for the holidays, and so far it's not going too badly. We're having turkey (no more brisket, which is terribly disappointing, but at least I can eat poultry) with potatoes, yams, lots of green sides, rice-flour based gravy, and a gluten/soy-free cake, which I'm very excited to attempt to bake. I really need to learn to cook, seeing as a lot of my food now needs to be personally prepared, and since I've always wanted to cook (and get over my irrational fear of ovens) I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: