Monday, December 8, 2008

Hi, I'm Alive

Hooray! It's always a pleasure to wake up to another day. I was wondering if that was even going to be possible, seeing as I had to (somewhat) willingly give up every delicious treat and indulgence and form of sustenance that I've spent the last 23 years cramming down my gullet, but so far, so good. 

It doesn't really help that wheat is in about 90% of products, though, and that soy is in about 99% of products, so finding that 1% without either ingredient has become somewhat of a challenge. I've turned it into a game that's called Find The Edible Food! although it could also be called We're Gonna Spent $200 for 5 Items at Trader Joe's Because The Healthy Fancy Food Costs an Arm and a Leg. I think it's rather catchy, at the least. 

At the moment I've been eating mostly salmon on an array of things: salads, spinach, rice, etc. and a lot of turkey, seeing as my family goes turkey crazy around Thanksgiving and cooks them for weeks afterwards. And I realized that there's an amazing invention called Rice Milk, which means I can eat my (gluten and soy free) cereal in the morning! That was really bumming me out, seeing as both regular milk and soy milk are out of the question, so hooray for minor victories. And, really, the gluten free rice puffs taste (and crackle!) just like Rice Crispies, so at least I can enjoy being 5 years old again in the mornings. 

We'll see how it goes after the initial intrigue wears off.

No comments: