Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thank You For Being A Friend

Today the legenday Bea Arthur died, and I now want to watch Golden Girls, eat cheesecake and cry myself to sleep. Bea was the fiercest HBIC and when Becca texted me to tell me the news, I got teary eyed and almost ran over some drunk college frat boys at BU attempting to cross the street and go to the Sox game.

The Golden Girls are what my friends and I aspire to be someday - fabulous, fashionable, slutty women who enjoy gossiping, drinking, and sleeping with more men than most of the people my age do these days. Add that to the old person wonderland that is Miami, and you have a recipe for the happiest retirement plan on earth.

At the very least, Betty White is still out there picking up where Bea left off, and for that, I am eternally grateful. The Girls aren't finished just yet.

No comments: